About Me

Friday, March 13, 2009

Procrastination

pro·cras·ti·na·tor , prə -ˈkras-tə-ˌnā-tər\ noun - someone who postpones work (especially out of laziness or habitual carelessness). One that lags: dawdler, dilly-dallier, lag, laggard, lagger, lingerer, loiterer, poke, straggler, tarrier. Informal slowpoke. See fast/slow/velocity.
Synonyms: postponer, cunctator

Yes, I’m a procrastinator…. I have so many things running through my head vying for my attention. …I lasso one, the blog writing, and start to do it….. Before I’m halfway through, other “necessary” things begin to call to me….that stamp I promised to carve…..I set up the magnifying lamp, pull out pertinent carving tools along with white pz-cut, transfer the image, and carve the outer edges……oh, wait! I haven’t done the breakfast dishes….It won’t take long…..rinse, slip into tray slots…..done….the puzzle at the end of the table is calling my name….well, maybe five minutes……thirty minutes later I sit back down to the blog…..mental block……I’ll carve……but before I pick up that gouge, I’d better put in a load of laundry --yes! that will be like multi-tasking!......I wonder who’s on AQ……hmmmm…..interesting….just one comment……..omg! it’s lunch time already!!?......I haven’t even looked at my Face Book or any of my email accounts!......well, after lunch….. this is how my mind works way too often while trying to keep Garrett on task with his school work. And most days it’s much more complicated!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Soooo…..Meet and Greet with Sabbiticus and his family. A great group!!

Meridian park on hwy 81, playground, Thursday, February 12. Johnny Quest and I get there first. Hawkeye and Jdog show up right behind us. We sat down at a picnic table by the playground to wait. Looking toward the parking lot we spy a group hesitantly heading our way. However, the moment they spot our backpacks, they march over with confidence and smiles on their faces.

We had a great time getting to know Sabbiticus and his family in spite of the cold windy day. I really like the fact that they have already tried their hand at carving, planted boxes around my part of town, and have that fanatical gleam radiating from their eyes! You know it was a good meet when you leave with inky fingers!

Sabbiticus, All4him102, Alloysia, Wolfstrikr, Shiku, and SuperShadow (I DO hope I didn’t leave anyone out!!) ---Welcome to our magnificent obsession!! We wish you many happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment